How to speed up your metabolism, you ask? As you read through this, you’ll pick up 17 great techniques and, hopefully, learn to change your lifestyle for the best.
1. Relieve yourself of stress. It won’t help you much if you’re completely tensed and anxious all the time. If you don’t relax, you might just end up with an even slower metabolic rate.
2. Get plenty of sleep. Consistently staying up too late can’t be good for your metabolic rate. For your body to function properly, you need 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night.
3. Don’t miss out on breakfast. Leaving out the most important meal of the day is not how to speed up your metabolism. You end up burning fewer calories because your body shuts down and goes on starvation mode. Make sure you increase your metabolism with a quick bite in the morning.
4. Have frequent small meals. If you’ve ever felt you were running on low during the early evening, that usually means your body doesn’t have enough energy to burn any more calories.
5. Do not go on crash diets. When you do your body will do just that – crash AND burn.
6. Sprinkle some spice in your meals. Peppers and other food packed with capsaicin infuse flavor and fat-burning properties even as you eat.
7. Chew on some nuts. Scientific studies show that having the occasional snack of nuts high in calories and good fat is a good technique on how to speed up your metabolism.
8. Work up a sweat. To burn more calories and rev up your metabolism, engage in regular exercise and other physical activities.
9. Incorporate more protein into your diet. Protein requires more calories to be completely digested. Moreover, they can contribute a lot to effective muscle development.
10. Spruce up your existing workout with added intensity. Increasing your reps, sets, and workout pace through time will greatly boost your metabolism.
11. Incorporate strength training in your workout. Doing strength training on top of your standard exercise routine will help you burn more fat.
12. Don’t forget your essential vitamins and minerals. Your cells need all the sustenance it can get to function right. Surely, that’s just how to speed up your metabolism effectively. Vitamins and minerals can be introduced to your body by regularly eating fruits and veggies. Supplements are also available to make sure you are getting all the vitamins you need.
13. Take 8 glasses of water a day. You need to be hydrated for your body to effectively burn fat and increase metabolism.
14. Drop it like it’s cold. Chug your water with a couple of ice cubes. That way, your body will need to burn more calories to maintain your body temperature. As a result, you’re also increasing your metabolism and burning unwanted fat.
15. Brew some black coffee. Some of us can’t live without it. How to speed up your metabolism? Have a cup of black coffee every so often and increase short term metabolic effects in your body.
16. Have some tea. Just like coffee, drinking an occasional cup of oolong or green tea will help enhance metabolism during and even after you’ve had some.
17. Chug it down with some milk. Drinking skim milk once in a while helps get rid of unwanted fat and maintain high metabolic levels, especially for women.
Getting familiar with these techniques is just how to speed up your metabolism. Improve your way of life today.