5 Natural Pain Relief Remedies Using Aromatherapy Essential Oils
Living with pain can be very difficult and overwhelming, especially over a long period of time. The use of natural pain relief remedies such as Aromatherapy Essential Oils has become very popular, as generally people do not want to take pain killers over an extended period of time as they are addictive and have nasty long term side effects.
The Aromatherapy benefits on pain relief have been well studied and documented and for many have become the preferred method of healing pain and many common ailments today.
Essential oils can be used safely to assist with pain relief. There are many different oils which can be used to assist with the relief of pain and discomfort. These pure essential oils can be added to a base oil or cream and rubbed or gently massage into the affected area.
The 5 Commonly Used Pure Essential Oils Used For Pain Relief
1. Curry – Helichrysum italicum is excellent for pain relief as it has antispasmodic and anesthetic properties as well for relief of deep pain.
2. Peppermint – Mentha piperita has been used through the ages for headaches, aches and pains, backache and arthritis. Peppermint has excellent pain relief properties and is also know as a powerful anti-inflammatory.
3. Basil – Ocimum basilicum which is very good for any type of muscle or nerve pain. Basil is excellent muscle relaxant and also contains powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties as well.
4. Marjoram – Origanum majorana also has muscle soothing properties for any type of muscular or nerve pain and is also very beneficial for headaches.
5. Clove – Syzygium aromaticum which is well know for relief from toothache. It has analgesic properties along with anti-inflammatory, analgesic properties and anesthetic properties.
Aromatherapy oils are generally safe and easy to use and people have been successful using Aromatherapy pure essential oil either on there own or combined in a blend to assist with pain relief.
Do not apply any pure essential oils directly on the skin as severe reaction or intolerance may occur. Always blend pure essential oils with a suitable base oil or cream.
The holistic benefits of combining aromatherapy pure essential oils and massage therapy, is well known to assist with relief from pain and discomfort and is suitable for people of all ages.
Coping with pain or any form of discomfort is emotionally taxing and distressing. Other pure essential oils can be used to help cope with the psychological aspect of dealing with pain including Lavender Oil which is excellent for people who are suffering from emotional pain, anxiety or distress. Lavender promotes a feeling of calmness, confidence and relaxation. Lavender also soothes the spirit and provides relief from anger and exhaustion whilst restoring and healing the body.