. Loss of hair happens both for men and for women. Yes, there are cases women lose it also. How can you prevent hair loss? In many cases, health of hair can be supported by simple measures without the use of expensive hair-care products or medications.
Natural hair loss remedies are often as close as your kitchen pantry. These remedies are inexpensive, readily available, and have few, if any, side effects.
1. Saw Palmetto Extract. There is a definite connection between the prostate and hair loss for men. Saw Palmetto has been found to work in fighting benign prostatic disease by lowering levels of DHT, which is a known cause of androgenetic alopecia. Saw Palmetto extract is an effective anti-androgen and shows promise as an effective treatment for hair loss prevention. More information on Saw Palmetto for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
2. Eat a natural diet that emphasizes quality animal products, fresh and lacto-fermented vegetables, and some fruits. Go easy on grains, sweets, starches, and processed foods. Overproduction of insulin due to a long-term high-carbohydrate diet not only negatively effects hair growth, but also depresses the thyroid function, damages the pancreas, and leads to a host of diseases. Healthy hair is a direct result of a healthy, natural diet that contains all necessary vitamins, minerals, enzymes, proteins, and fatty acids.
3. Coconut oil or coconut extract is another scalp and hair loss solution. It is applied directly on the scalp followed by a gentle massage around the head. Those who are wondering how to grow hair the natural way can rely on this solution not only because it is an ancient and traditional practice passed on through generations but more importantly, because it is highly beneficial for the hair and scalp. Not only will it boost hair growth but it can also make hair softer, stronger and shinier.
4. Omega 3 fatty acids are well-known as anti-inflammatories. But research reveals that they can help to prevent hair loss. You can apply it topically to your hair by mixing soybean or canola oil with coconut oil. Warm the oils slightly, and rub a small amount into your hair at night. You may want to wrap your head in a towel to protect your pillow. Wash it out in the morning, using a mild herbal-based shampoo.
5. Henna is a traditional Indian herb that acts as a natural conditioner and is excellent for the maintenance of healthy hair. It can help heal the hair shaft by repairing and sealing the cuticle, protecting hair against breakage and loss of shine.
6. A gentle scalp massage also helps in improving blood circulation to the scalp which is essential for its nourishment and in stimulating new hair growth. Massaging the scalp using the tips of the fingers along with application of gentle baby oil or Vitamin E can also be very helpful. Moreover, a scalp massage is also a very relaxing experience that can take away stress and calm the mind.
7. Incorporate Yoga in your life! Inverted postures, such as the Shoulder Stand or the Head Stand, are very beneficial for your hair since they improve the scalp circulation and allow hair follicles to obtain all necessary nutrients for rapid hair growth.