Teenage acne can be an embarrassing condition for any young adult to suffer from, as if hormones and puberty weren’t bad enough on their own. Taking proper care of your skin and following a few home remedies can help improve or cure your acne.
Read more on Acne Vulgaris Treatment and Acne and Pimples Cure. Also visit on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection
Teenage acne can cause shame and unattractive pimples that usually show up during a time when you really don’t want them to. Many teenagers have acne because of hormone issues, and sometimes adults breakout also.
When should you start acne treatment?
Since everyone gets acne at some time, the right time to treat it is when it bothers you. This can be when severe acne flares suddenly, mild acne that just won’t go away, or even when a single pimple decides to show up the week before your prom or wedding.
Here are some factors that don’t usually cause acne, at least by themselves:
1. Heredity: With the exception of very severe acne, most people do not have the problem exactly as their parents did. Almost everyone has some acne at some point in their life.
2. Food: Parents often tell teens to avoid pizza, chocolate, greasy and fried foods, and junk food. While these foods may not be good for overall health, they don’t cause acne or make it worse. Although some recent studies have implicated milk and dairy products in aggravating acne, these findings are far from established.
3. Dirt: As mentioned above, “blackheads” are oxidized oil, not dirt. Sweat does not cause acne, therefore, it is not necessary to shower instantly after exercise for fear that sweat will clog pores. On the other hand, excessive washing can dry and irritate the skin.
4. Stress: Some people get so upset by their pimples that they pick at them and make them last longer. Stress, however, does not play much of a direct role in causing acne.
Home Remedies for Acne
1. Mix lemon juice with rose water. One lemon with same proportion of rose water will do. Apply it on your face and rinse it only after 30 mins. Constantly doing so will not only get rid of acne and pimples, but it also has the effect of lightening the skin blemishes.
2. Use fresh mint juice to apply on your face.
3. Strawberry leaves can also help to reduce the pimple swelling.
4. Orange peel can also be used. Basically, you need to mash it or blend it, mix with some water to form a paste before applying on your problem area.
5. Mix turmeric powder with some mint juice before applying on the acne. Wash it off with clean, lukewarm water after about 30 mins.
6. Even cooking condiments such as vinegar and salt have their uses as home remedies for acne. Mix the two together, before rubbing the mix over the pimples. Leave it there for some 10 to 20 mins before removing with lukewarm water.
7. Make a paste with cucumber before using it as a facial mask. Leave the mask on for 30 mins daily. Doing this will prevent acne from breaking out.
8. If you can tolerate the smell of garlic on your face, then go ahead to apply some fresh garlic on the pimples. They will disappear after repeated applications.