Arthritis is inflammation of the joints. It can occur anywhere in the body and, based on that, there are several types of arthritis. The most common type of arthritis is osteoarthritis, which is the common ailment of pain in the joints observed in elderly people. Other common types of arthritic ailments are rheumatoid arthritis and gout.
Read more on Home Remedies for Arthritis and Joint Pain Treatment. Also visit on Rheumatoid Arthritis from herbalcureindia.com
Types of arthritis
There are over 80 types of arthritis but the two most common are osterasthritis and rheumatoid. Osterasthritis is a condition that denotes natural wear and tear of joints which often follows ageing. Persons who have suffered injuries previously, either through accidents or sports, farming occupation are the most sufferers. It rarely occurs in young age but is quite common as the age advances. The wear and tear of joints is a natural sequence. Rheumatoid is an auto-immune disorder where synovial membranes that line the joints, get inflamed and thickened, leading to pain and deformity of joints. It is often called “cooked food disease”.
Symptoms of Arthritis
There are various signs and symptoms that you can check to determine if you are suffering from the arthritis. The main signs that will indicate you might be suffering from this condition are pains in the joints. This also results to swelling and very limited movements that you can do. There will also be a remarkable stiffness that will make the pain even more pressing.
Causes of Arthritis
Many responsible factors have been discovered that causes arthritis. Advancing in age is one of the most common reasons why arthritis comes about. Obesity is also a culprit. In some cases, heredity, weather changes and hormonal changes can play a big role also. Most people with arthritis find the cold weather very hostile to their condition. Be wary that your food intake can also affect the condition. Excessive uric acid in the body can trigger, if not worsen, an arthritis.
Dietary Treatments for Arthritis
Constipation can aggravate arthritic pains. Hence foods that are difficult to digest must be avoided.
The following foods must be avoided if you have continuous arthritic pains:
1. Animal fats
2. Fried foods
3. Foods rich in carbohydrates like potatoes
7. Sour foods, including curds
Home Remedies for Arthritis
1. Movement of the painful joint should be done at least twice daily to prevent stiffness.
2. In the morning, before getting up and even without brushing your teeth drink at least one liter of water at a stretch.
3. Garlic, juniper, lavender, cajuput, sage, rosemary, thyme, or sassafras Any one of these oils diluted in the proportions of one part to 10 parts of olive oil and used to massage the painful joint will bring immense relief.
4. An extra supplement of calcium, zinc and vitamin C is often recommended and is worth trying at an early stage.
5. Sea bathing is considered beneficial in the treatment of arthritis.
6. Take 1-2 capsules of cold liver oil daily, use hot/cold water according to local weather conditions.
7. Take four peeled pieces of garlic, and two grams of Sprague. Powder both and dip in 30 grams of mustard oil and heat slowly. Massage daily with this oil on pains. One of the well liked home remedies for arthritis
8. Take 10 grams of camphor and 200 grams of mustard oil. Mix in a glass bottle and close with a tight cork and keep the bottle in the sun till the camphor dissolves. Massage the affected area daily.