BUS/211 – Week 5
Business Portfolio Presentation and Paper
Fictional Business: Piece of Cake Bakery
Word Count: 4,039 words! = A+++
Review the assignments you completed throughout the course.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper describing the fictional business you created.
Include information on the following topics:
• Business organization
• Potential legal or ethical issues
• Business culture
• Types of motivation
• The operations of the five areas of human resource management in your fictional company
• The effects and costs of operations and materials management on your fictional company
Create a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation supporting the information included in your final paper. You may use text, charts, tables, and visuals to detail the different areas of business found within your company.
Include detailed speaker notes, a title slide, and an APA-formatted reference slide.
PowerPoint Preview – Piece of Cake Bakery (below):
IT Applications – Appendix C
Hardware and Software Components
Resource: Your Week 5 collaborative learning team discussion and Ch. 9 of Introduction to Business.
Discuss with your assigned team members the following IT applications, hardware, and software components and how they affect your everyday life at home and at work.
• Transaction processing systems
• Knowledge management systems
• Expert system and artificial intelligence
• Enterprise resource planning systems
• E-commerce systems
• Legacy systems
• Mainframe computers
• Network computers
• World Wide Web and the Internet
• Wired and wireless broadband technology
• PC software
• Networking software
• Computer security software
Individually complete the table in Appendix C by describing the uses of the IT applications and hardware and listed software components.
Post Appendix C as an attachment.
Week 5 Quiz – Correct Answers Provided
1. A three stage business plan is used by managers. Which of the following is one of the stages?
2.Which component of the HRM system determines who is the best fit for the organization’s specific job requirements?
3.Marketing, operations, sales distribution, and customer service support are included in what functions of a business?
4.What leadership approach would a leader take if they were to combine a concern for the well-being of the employee with an approachable demeanor and attitude?
5.A detailed SWOT analysis would classify competition in the industry or market as a
6.What term best describes the buyers and sellers available for a particular product?
7.When looking at a demand curve for a particular product. The slope falls downward from left to right. This slope shows which of the following