For so many people losing weight is their number one goal and it is a shame that many of them go about it the wrong way and are disappointed when they do not get the results they would like.
One of the things people have to adapt themselves to is a new way of eating that does not involve harsh restrictive food methods. We used to believe that to lose weight you needed to drop calories sometimes as low as 1200 for women and 1600 for men.
We now know that when we do this it gives the body a shock or fright which has a name now ‘metabolic stress’ or ‘diet shock’. When glucose (from our food) is reduced to a certain level our body slams the brakes on its metabolism which is the rate our body burns fuel. It slows everything down to conserve fuel (calories) as it worries the food shortage may be long term.
This slowing down of the body’s systems is the opposite of what is needed for weight loss. Fewer calories are now needed to keep the body running and the rest is being converted into fat in preparation for the famine the body now thinks is imminent. If you’re not able to burn up calories, you certainly cannot lose weight
So, I hear you saying “How do I lose weight without turning on the ancient ole survival mechanism?”
• You only drop one to two hundred calories so you stay under the body’s radar.
• You eat more meals and keep your fat burning furnace stoked and burning fuel like a hot fire.
• You eat a good balance of macro-nutrients (protein, carbohydrates and fats) so your body is given the nutrition it needs to it will give up its fat stores.
• You eat enough calories so your hunger hormones are not ‘switched on’ driving you to eat when uncontrollable cravings strike.
• You get rid of as much processed foods from your diet as possible as the chemicals and unhealthy fats and sugars disrupt your body’s delicate chemical balance turning it into a fat storing model instead of a fat burning one.
“How do I get from where I am now to doing all that?” is the next question I hear you saying. First you find out how many calories you need for your age and activity levels. Then you can accurately deduct just a couple of hundred calories that will have you burning fat every single day without you or your body suffering in any way.
The other factor that is another important key to losing fat is how to create the balance in the macro-nutrients (protein, carbohydrates and fats) that will further boost your metabolism so that body fat will slowly melt away.
You can discover these ‘secrets to fat-loss’ and eat in this new better way in my new program 21 Days to Healthy Eating Sure you will have to put in a little time to prepare your meals and think ahead but that price is way better than the other one.
Continuing to gain weight not only spoils how you look but also how you feel is not living a high quality of life. If you can dump some of that fat which could also threaten your health down the road somewhere, and instead create yourself more energy and vitality you will feel so much better and can live your precious life to the fullest.
If you are fed up with expensive fad diet plans and want to learn about healthy eating guidelines you can follow to accelerate fat loss start by view these other healthy guidelines at our healthy eating guidelines video.