Bronchitis occurs due to the inflammation of the inner lining or the mucous membrane of the bronchi inside the lungs. Due to this inflammation large quantity of mucous remains trapped, which is coughed out as phlegm. Bronchitis can affect both adults and children causing breathing problems and tightness of the chest. The disease can be acute or chronic and prolonged suffering may result in grave situations. Bronchitis is most prevalent in changing weather conditions and the chronic patients must take enough precautionary measures to prevent its recurrence.
Common symptoms that point towards bronchitis are
1. Severe coughing with occasional expulsion of sticky and purulent phlegm.
2. Difficulty in breathing and tightness in the chest.
4. Huskiness, chest pain, low appetite.
The main causative factors for bronchitis can be due to
1. Prolonged suffering from cough and cold
2. Changes in the weather conditions
4. Polluted environment
Home Remedies for Bronchitis
Various antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, steroid injections in acute cases are generally administered to combat bronchitis. By adopting simple home remedies the disease can be cured completely along with multi health benefits.
1. Drinking half glass of milk adding half teaspoonful of turmeric 2-3 times daily is an effective remedy for bronchitis. To achieve best results it must be taken in empty stomach.
2. Taking a mixture of powdered pepper, ginger and cloves 2-3 times daily is useful for treating bronchitis. It is usually taken with tea or licked with honey. The mixture due to it antipyretic quality also reduces the fever.
3. Consuming one teaspoon of raw onion juice early in the morning is a useful remedy for this disease.
4. Drinking fresh cabbage juice is equally effective in treating bronchitis.
5. The efficacy of the basil leaves cannot be ignored in bronchitis treatment. Chewing few basil leaves or taking the juice with honey is one of the best home remedies.
6. Topical application of a mixture of mustard powder, flour and water on the chest is very effective in reducing bronchitis problems.
7. Tea prepared by adding half teaspoon of licorice root in boiling water and having it after ten minutes is a good remedy for this disease. This should be repeated 2-3 times throughout the day.
8. In case of acute bronchitis, if the patient is on fresh orange juice and water for a couple of days in the initial stage, produces good results.
9. An infusion made of almond powder in orange or lime juice is beneficial to bronchitis patients. Taking this infusion daily at night induces sound sleep without any disturbances arising due to this disease.