Weight loss tips.
I am a personal trainer who has been teaching people about nutrition and weight management through my training sessions and have decided to share some basic weight loss tip with those who are struggling or finding their diet boring.
1. You must have breakfast. This meal is the single most important meal of the day. It breaks the fast that your body has been on for the last 6-9 hours you’ve been sleeping. People who eat breakfast have also shown that they manage their weight better.
2. Drink plenty of water! Drink 1-2 litres a day at first then work up to 2-3 litres a day after a week or two. Your body will get used to drinking this amount after a while and the frequent trips to the toilet will lessen in time.
3. Eat regularly! You should manage your eating pattern and strive to eat every 3 hours. This helps your body to fight off cravings, gives your body a smoother energy level throughout the day, will help you eat less at meal times and will keep your hunger at bay.
4. Aim to have 5 meals a day. Breakfast, small snack mid morning, Lunch, small snack mid afternoon, evening meal no later then 19.00 if possible.
5. Get some exercise! Eating healthily will make you lose weight but you will lose more and feel better by doing some exercise. The benefits of exercising are too numerous for this article but believe me when I say that 30 minutes a day, 3 times a week, just for starters, will work wonders for your body.
6. Get enough sleep! This one is a must when exercising. The body grows and repairs during sleep but also adapts to changes in eating habits too. Your metabolism re-adjusts to the new nutritional intake you are feeding it and over time becomes accustomed to it and adapts accordingly. 8 hours a night is the norm.
7. Watch your carbohydrates! Fat is the bad guy in most cultures but it’s the carbohydrates that most people need to watch. Carbs give us energy and if we eat to much carbs it gets turned into fat if we don’t burn them off. The body slows down during the late afternoon and evening so eating tons of potatoes, rice, pasta or pastry type products at this time is not really a good idea.
8. Keep a food diary if you have time. This will help you look back at what worked, what foods you ate, what weight you were when you started and is useful for learning where to go next with you weight goals.
9. Don’t calorie count. You don’t need to! It takes too long and can get frustrating! Just go by portion size. Don’t allow one food to touch another on the plate and this should be ideal. You will already be in calorie deficit but drinking water between your meals will help keep hunger under control.
10. Enjoy the various healthy foods available. Don’t be afraid to use recipes and fresh ideas when cooking. Allow a cheat meal after the first 6-8 weeks of your new healthy nutrition regime. As long as it’s gradual and once in a while (no more than twice a week) you’ll continue to lose weight and also notice a difference in your body when eating non healthy food.
This concludes the 10 tips for healthy eating for weight and fat loss but if you’d like more information please go to http://www.seansibleyfitness.com