There are many causes of acne breakouts, and although having healthy, clear skin is important and improves your self esteem, there’s much more to it than the surface of your skin. You can be diligent about your daily skin care program using the gentlest cleansers, chemical free makeup and high quality acne fighting products, but besides hormonal changes, there are other important issues you need to be aware of to ensure the best treatment for adult acne. I’ve listed some of these factors below:
* Poor diet
* Environmental pollutants
* Medical/systemic issues
* Over-use of medicine, vitamins, mineral supplements or steroids
The factors above are big contributors to the cause of adult acne. How you take care of yourself inside and out makes all the difference, and what you put into your body plays a huge role in how your system and skin reacts. If your diet includes a lot of carbohydrates, fats, oils and sugars, or if you smoke, live in a highly polluted area or high humidity, it’s harder to treat. This includes the other factors I listed above.
I’ll list a few things you need to do to maintain an acne free clear skin treatment routine, then I’ll list some home remedies acne treatments you can use to help eliminate your acne:
1. First, figure out what type of skin you have
2. Maintain a daily cleansing program with a natural, gentle, non-abrasive cleanser
3. Use a moisturizer and non-oily, non-drying cleansers and products
4. Exfoliating periodically will help remove dead skin cells and rejuvenate your skin
There are homemade acne cures and treatments you can do yourself. They’re less expensive, can be less irritating to your skin, and you can use any of these as a natural home remedies acne treatment to help reduce or eliminate acne breakouts:
* Oatmeal Wash or Facial Mask: Oats are great for treating a variety of skin conditions, and you can make an oatmeal facial mask or just add water to wash your face with it. Oatmeal has anti-bacterial properties and absorbs excess oil from your skin.
* Garlic: You hear a lot about how healthy garlic is, and it’s also a great skin treatment because it has anti-bacterial properties. Garlic kills acne causing bacteria on your skin. Just crush some up and gently rub it onto your skin, leave it on for 10-15 minutes and rinse.
* Baking Soda is a gentle exfoliator that removes dead skin cells, unclogs your pores and cleanses them. Make a paste of baking soda and water thick enough to stick to your face, not too runny. Rub it gently into your skin and leave it on for a few minutes and rinse. It may sting some, so be aware of this.
I would suggest using a good moisturizer following treatment. These are just a few of the best home remedies for acne treatment to help treat and prevent the causes of acne breakouts, and any of these homemade acne cures should help you. But remember that you need to minimize the acne causing factors I listed to really make a difference, and these treatments will not cure the internal cause of your acne.