Marriage Visa: Understanding The K3 Visa / Spousal Visa

.tags Marriage Visa: Understanding the K3 Visa / Spousal Visa Process

A long distance relationship is hard on a couple. When people love each other, they want to be together all the time. That is why when two people from two different countries fall in love, they make plans to marry and stay together in just one country. For an American citizen and his Filipina fiancee, the usual choice is the United States of America.

When a Filipina, or any foreign national, wants to come to the United States to get married, she has to get a fiancee visa. But when they marry outside the United States but want to live in the U.S after the marriage, then what they need to get is the marriage visa or the K3 visa.

Being married to a U.S. citizen does not automatically grant U.S. citizenship, so a bride of an American, still needs a visa to enter the country. The American husband will be the one to file a petition on behalf of the foreign spouse. Forms I-130 and I-129F have to be filed with the United States Citizenship Immigration Services (USCIS) office. Once petition is approved, it is sent to the National Visa Center for further processing. NVC will then forward the approved petition to the appropriate Consulate. This is where the marriage visa is processed. But before you get to this stage, a lot of documents need to be processed and submitted to the USCIS office.

The K3 marriage visa is a non-immigrant visa so the foreign national still has to file for adjustment of status to obtain an immigrant visa, on her arrival to the U.S. Plus, several other permits if she wants to work and travel.

This is just the simplified version of a very complicated and confusing process. Just reading about them can give some people a headache. The extensive paper work and wait times are truly frustrating and discouraging.

The good news is you do not have to do it all yourself. You can get the services of a visa processing service company like can make the complicated process simple, easy and convenient for you. We can help you prepare all the documents needed and file the petition without errors, to get quick approval of your marriage visa.

For more information visit If you want to talk to one of our immigration experts, you may call (888) 894-8655 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting(888) 894-8655end_of_the_skype_highlighting. We have developed a highly successful and headache-free system of applying for a marriage visa that you can benefit from at very affordable prices. Call us now!

Please follow us: